ABOUT UNITED WAY OF EDDY COUNTY
United Way of Eddy County's work is focused on improving lives and strengthening communities. While United Way continues its historic role as a fundraiser and investor in effective human service programs, we know we must also do more.
United Way recognized that there are underlying community challenges that cannot be solved by dollars alone, so we are focusing efforts in several key areas to make an even greater impact. In addition to the tremendous contributions our funded programs make, we must place even more emphasis on being a year-round, positive force in all of Eddy County. United Way is doing more than just raising and investing dollars, we are also working collaboratively with a whole range of community partners to achieve lasting results.
United Way's work is guided by an all volunteer Board of Directors that operates independently from any other governing body. After thorough review and analysis by the volunteers, polices are established and funding decisions are made. Decisions are based on a variety of factors including where United Way can make the most impact in the community.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question, we may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of Personal Information that may be collected by UWCSEC. From time to time, we may collect Personal Information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your personal information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
Donor contributions may be publicized in donor recognition materials produced by the UWEC, including print, spoken and/or web-based media. If you do not wish to your name appear in these materials or be otherwise published, please contact us in writing at PO Drawer EE Carlsbad, NM 88221
The Secretary of the Board of Directors of the UWEC, or person(s) directed by the Board Chair, shall ensure appropriate compliance with this Policy by all administrative
staff, consultants and volunteers.
Adopted this 15th day of February 2018 pursuant to a vote of the Board of Directors of United Way of Eddy County.
Ethics & Compliance
United Way Worldwide is the leadership and support organization for the network of nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. We advance the common good by focusing on improving education, helping people achieve financial stability, and promoting healthy lives, and by mobilizing millions of people to give, advocate, and volunteer to improve the conditions in which they live.
Ethics and Compliance
Annually, all United Ways certify their adherence to standards that include comprehensive requirements for financial reporting, governance, ethics, diversity and operations.
Financial information on United Way of Eddy County can be obtained by contacting our office.
Code of Ethics
United Way volunteers, employees and representatives have a responsibility to uphold the highest ethical standards. We believe these standards go beyond compliance with laws and regulations — calling us to fulfill higher obligations as stewards of the public trust. United Way of Eddy County's Code of Ethics sets forth standards and responsibilities toward this end. The Board of Directors approve the code annually and board members are required to personally certify their compliance to it. To see our code as a PDF document, click here.
Counter Terrorism Laws
United Way of Eddy County is in compliance with the spirit and intent of the U.S. Patriot Act and other counter terrorism laws. Affirmative action is taken to prevent technical, in-kind, or other resources from inadvertently being used for illegal acts and terrorist activities.
Mission and Vision
Mission & Vision
Be the steward of a voluntary process that identifies health and human service needs and responsibly applies financial and human resources to impact those needs.
Building a better community through the delivery of human services.
Thank you for taking the time to assess the finances of United Way of Eddy County. Donors are wise to investigate the management of organizations they support along with their missions and programs. United Way of Eddy County takes its responsibility as a steward of donor contributions very seriously.
Below you will find United Way of Eddy County's IRS Form 990 and audited financial statements from recent years. If you have any questions about our finances, please contact us at 575-887-3504 or send us an email.
IRS Form 990
Audited Financial Statements
For recent copies of our annual report, please contact our office at 575-887-3504 or email@example.com